School Nurse New
Indian Trails Middle School
To assist in providing a school setting that is healthy for all participants, offer compassion and needed care to those who require it, and to help enforce all laws, health codes and immunization requirements. Also assist in providing a setting that meets the needs of individual students with disabilities in accordance with orders from a licensed medical practitioner and IEP team.
- Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse
- Current Florida license.
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR.
- Three (3) years experience in a school or hospital setting preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to observe students for development and health patterns in making a nursing judgment and diagnosis. Ability to implement plans for students with chronic health problems and coordinate the administration of medication within State law and Board policies; ability to file appropriate forms for Medicaid billing; ability to administer acute care to individual students with disabilites.
School Principal or County Coordinator of Nurses
- Administer medications following school and county policies.
- Assess and provide first aid to all students, faculty, and visitors on campus.
- Coordinate and conduct required health screenings.
- Review and maintain health records and immunization for compliance.
- Counsel students and consult with parents concerning health problems.
- Provide in-service for school staff.
- Provide health education for students in the classroom and on an individual basis.
- Plan and implement procedures for the chronically ill, including catheterizations, nebulization and gastro-internal feeding.
- Serve as a health liaison between home and school.
- Perform routine screenings for head lice, impetigo, scoliosis and blood pressure. Participate in ESE staffings if required.
- Establish and maintain safe clinic and classroom procedures.
- Provide annual update on CPR and Bloodborne Pathogens for employees.
SCHOOL NURSE (Continued)
- Represent the school at meetings with outside health agencies
- Perform other incidental tasks consistent with the goals and objectives of this position
- Assist with independent functioning and personal care activities for students.
- Maintain logs related to medication, seizures or other health information.
- Complete required Medicaid billing documentation.
- Complete state and local reports as required.
Essential Performance Responsibilities
TECHNOLOGY ACCESS: SKYWARD STUDENT ACCESS
Light to Heavy Work: Exerting up from 20 to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10-50 pounds of force as frequently as needed to lift students and move objects or equipment.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with the District’s approved compensation plan. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by the District.
SALARY CODE: MA
DOE CODE: 61320 or 61321
- Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of personnel.
Job Description Supplement Code