Teen Health Week Information from the PA DOH
- Everything you need is at teenhealthweek.org. (Download toolkits, logos, and more)
- Watch Teen Health Week spread across the globe (If you wish to have your institution added to our interactive map, let me know and our team will add you).
- Teen Health Week t-shirts are available, but they will not be forever. If you want one, Bonfire recommends you order within the next few weeks in order to insure delivery by March 18th. T-shirts can be shipped internationally. Also, if your institution would like to order a large number for an event or for a large group, Bonfire has been flexible with accepting Purchase Orders. Please let me know if you need help with that.
- If you want to see how Pennsylvania groups celebrated Teen Health Week in the past, we have pictures and video clips here.
Per our partners at The College of Physicians of Philadelphia, here are a few simple things you can do to be a part of this global initiative:
- Wear lime green throughout the week to show support for adolescent health. Share pictures on social media using #2018teenhealth.
- Share online health resources that you would like teens (or their parents) to utilize.
- Share educational materials and promote your organization’s involvement in Teen Health Week with these materials by using pre-made Teen Health Week logos or lime green paper.
- If your organization utilizes social media, share social media posts from the toolkits with teen health facts each day of the week. You can copy and paste them right into your social media posts. Use #2018teenhealth.
- Purchase lime green bandages, tooth brushes or other inexpensive lime green items to provide to adolescent patients during Teen Health Week.
- If you are politically active, contact one of your representatives about Teen Health Week, and to voice your expert opinion on an adolescent health issue that government policy directly impacts.
- Announce your plans to do something to mark the week so that you can be added to our map at teenhealthweek.org.
- Plan to take pictures during Teen Health Week and share on social media with #2018teenhealth so we can see how we are all focusing attention on adolescent well-being.
If you are planning activities or engaging youth volunteers in your planning, be sure to promote your work with #2018teenhealth